Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Day two of cleaning one day late

 We really enjoyed our golfing day but it did set us back one day for cleaning. However today is the second day of cleaning and it is working well to have reduced it one day. A longer time between and less dust in the air (just two days instead of three). 

It was certainly intriguing to hear from a descendant of the Taylor family from which I believe my great grandmother is descendant. I did hear back again and he will chat with his grandmother who would have been six years of age when my grandmother went to England in 1939 to visit her father's and mother's families at least that was the intent. I know she visited with the Luckman family (her father's sister's family) in Coventry and I remember that she had a pamphlet for Ashton under Lyne where her Taylor family had moved in the late 1870s. I do not know if she ever met her Taylor grandparents but she did meet her Buller grandmother and did know her father's sisters. 

I do not think I ever expected to actually solve the mystery of the Taylor line and time will tell on that but the fit is certainly good and involved a lot of sleuthing at the time. 

I have mostly completed the Kipp Newsletter and will do the DNA section today. Then I will have a look at the Pincombe Newsletter as it is the next one for the 1st of September. It may be that I can also do a bit of a lookup when I am at the Family History Library. I did have another thought actually. I could volunteer (I did transcription in the past for the Family History Library) to transcribe the subsidies for Somerset if that interests them and then I would have access at home. I must write away about that today and see if that is a possibility. I will have nearly two months to work away at that. That information is for the October issue of the Blake Newsletter. I am certainly getting ahead once again with the Newsletters. I like to have thought the next issue through about the time I am publishing the current issue but I did get very far behind the last couple of years whilst caring for Edward. 

Today I shall have another look at the readings as I need one more for the Celebration of Life. I expect the priest is very busy with the vicar away this month. It will be the Vicar at the Celebration of Life. It is now just under one month away. I also need to understand the parking as we will need to have that solved before the day of the Celebration. I think this will be the last complicated event that I am involved in. As I approach eighty I can see that I will need to concentrate solely on my research if I am to get it all published along with Edward's work. It does take a great deal of time to sort through someone else's work and get out the important details that he would have wanted to share with his cousins.

No comments: