Sunday, July 24, 2022

One Church

 Perhaps in this century the Church will come back together; for some Anglicans in the Church of England this was a dream that they held close as the centuries passed that one day all would be one once again. Even in the 1800s this feeling that one could only be Roman Catholic if one denied Elizabeth I as Queen of England was still in the thoughts of people. 

But perhaps in this century there will be union once again amongst the Churches that profess Catholicism and it is an exciting thought on this beautiful sunny July day which is also a Sunday. 

Church on YouTube today and I do enjoy the YouTube service. I do not go out very much - just groceries as needed and other shopping on occasion. But we have added kayaking to all of that and it is a wonderful sport. 

Yesterday I continued to go through the Protestation Returns and found a number of Tincombes. Not sure of that name but can now check the registers of that parish to see how far back this line goes and whether it became a mispelling of Pincombe. No other unusual spellings were located in the returns thus far. The repetition of names in the various parishes is perhaps amazing and I am making special note in my mind of the number of names that contain "combe." There actually are not a lot of them. 

This downsizing is a gradual process letting one remember once again and then moving on from that moment in time. Remembering my grandmother widowed at 38 years of age with two children eight and ten years of age who was full of a love of life even when I knew her when she was in her 60s. Once her children were raised she lived with her son and his wife until she passed away at 80 years of age. She loved to travel and one of her last trips was one that we took to Toronto. It was my treat for helping her all summer when I was twelve years of age. We had a wonderful time and it was my first time away from my parents and siblings for more than a week. It changed me doing that. I realized there was a world out there that I could actually know personally instead of just in books. 

On to the day. Breakfast is next my favourite meal of the day. 

Prayers for Ukraine as always. Hopefully in this century we will learn to live in peace; to share the wealth and become a better world so that we do not miss out on the genius in our midst that can keep bringing us along to explore the unknown that is out there much like people set out from the shores of their countries hundreds of years ago now to discover the planet that they lived on. 

No comments: