Thursday, January 12, 2023

January is flying by

January is moving quickly and nearly at the half way mark. Fresh snow is on the way which is great. We skied yesterday but it is still a little icy to really have a good run but the fresh air was nice. We are expecting 15 to 25 centimetres - the skiing should be good on the weekend and perhaps tomorrow as well.  

The Kipp Newsletter is not yet blocked out; I managed to fill the days with projects and that didn't happen. It will likely happen today. 

One of these days I shall sit down and start preparing a timetable; I have not done that for a while but I am finding that my mind is not concentrating on the items that I really want to get done and it requires some strategic planning to get myself back on track. 

The distractions can sometime outweigh the planned ideas and that appears to be the case at the moment. But then I am retired and working on my own so that works for the moment but I do want to start utilizing these precious winter days to their fullest in terms of getting work done. 

I will spend a little time this week as well on the Siderfin Book. I would like to complete this book this year. It is taking me longer than anticipated but that is actually a good thing. I am finding more information online for this family. Plus I intend to purchase some of the records in the Somerset Record Office.

No comments: