Wednesday, January 25, 2023

This is the day that the Lord hast made

I have been singing the song "This is the day that the Lord hast made" for days and days now whilst I am sitting at my computer waiting for the sunrise. The beauty of our world abounds and now we just have to figure out how to keep it beautiful and help to restore it to its proper environment before industrialization started to decay the atmosphere. There must be a way; we are intelligent beings and somewhere within us is the ability to bring back the good life for all of us. 

Yesterday turned out to be a grocery shopping day and so I am prepared for the next onslaught of snow which is predicted to be 15 to 25 centimetres of snow. I had to use just a little de-icer on my porch yesterday and hope that it keeps working as we shift into snow high gear. I hate to put it on but sometimes a little is necessary. It does look bleak outside right now. The snow has melted off the trees and the sky has the look of snow to come but no snow yet. 

Playing my solitaire games whilst writing my blog today. I just had the song in my head and decided to share it with my blog today. The hardest game today was Spider Solitaire and it took a little manipulation but I managed it the first time through and quite quickly. On to Tripeaks and the first run was 25,600 points and moving on from there. Back to my blog when I finish my games. Generally I do them first after making my tea to wake up my brain fully before I begin the work of the day which will be the Siderfin book. 

Yesterday I gathered up all my databases (mostly on CDs) to work on separating out the four lines that I have decided to create with Robert's (married to Christian) children - a William Line, a Robert Line, a Thomas line and the remaining five children - on Sanders chart (Sanders says in the text that there are eight children but only six listed) - William, Robert, Thomas, Janet, Elizabeth and Joan; on my chart (8 children) - William, Robert, Thomas, Christian, John, James, Elizabeth and Jane/Joan. On Sanders chart - Joan married William Webber and no husband listed for Janet or Elizabeth. On my chart - Christian married William Couch; Elizabeth married James Nurcombe and Jane/Joan married? or not at all. Still to be determined. 

The will of Robert (probated 31 Jan 1627/28) lists his children and the child of his sister Jone married to William Westeron/Westerne. The son of Jone named as Robert Westeron and his son is Elmer Westeron. Robert's children - William with son Robert; Robert with son Robert (living at Minehead); Marie (daughter unmarried); Thomas Siderfin; Mary Siderfin (South Wheddon is mentioned for both of them along with the lease to keep one hundred sheep at Brundon); Jane; granddaughter Johanne Coutch; wife Christian. Probate to Christian (widow). 

Again, Sanders in the text mentions that Robert (will probated 1627/28) and Christian have eight children but only lists six. Robert has a granddaughter Mary born circa 1612 and a grandson Thomas born 1618 (could Robert have forgotten to note that Thomas and Mary were his eldest son William's children? A number of William and Christian's children died young. With these thoughts in mind I continue with my review of the Protestation Returns for Somerset. I did not find anything new yet but like the Devon Returns I shall look at them all through the day. 

Cleaning all accomplished and the next five days belong to the Siderfin book although I generally do get distracted by emails and the like!

On to the day and breakfast.

 

No comments: