Monday, July 17, 2023

Kip-Kipp Newsletter completed, return to Siderfin Book

I did complete the next issue of the Kip-Kipp Newsletter, Volume 2, Issue 3, 2023 and will publish it on the 1st of August. It did end up writing itself which was handy as I have reached an end to useful information that I can write into the newsletter from my memory. I could go back through and read everything but it was taking me too long and I do not have Edward's thoughts with regard to each and every individual item. The mantle must be taken up by another eventually but for the moment it will likely become reduced in size and simply contain any information on the DNA study. 

I also returned to the Siderfin Book and asked to have a check on one of the records which concern Robert Siderfin and his wife Ursula and included John Siderfin. This is an answer to a complaint by Alexander Francke about land in Timberscombe. Robert Siderfin married to Ursula in Timberscombe is interesting in 1653 so must investigate this record. There are a number of possibilities for this Robert Siderfin and I anticipate that this item will clarify the individual represented in the complaint and this is the answer to the complaint. I now have two documents on order which may make changes or simply confirm what I have been putting together with relevant records.

Sunday began with heavy rain and then some sun but has now returned to cloudy although the air quality is 42 which is good news.

The Church Service yesterday with the Bible Readings did encourage me in my mind to be there to hear the sermon but the sermons will return to YouTube along with the service in the Fall. My summer days pass by me very quickly and it is time with my daughter. There is a danger of the kinds of flowers so it isn't possible for her to accompany me as she would just have to leave me and come back after the service. At nearly 78 my Church attendance was very good until Edward became ill and just found it difficult to attend. I could have gone on my own but I did not instead choosing to read the service at home so the addition of the Bulletin to mailings from the Church in my inbox was a blessing which COVID did bring. COVID also showed us how to clear the air and help the planet to recover. I think we can still do it and have a productive life; time will tell how the world moves in the next generation. It will be sad if all we get is wars such as Russia started purely for greed - one of the many reasons that Nazism arises. 

The Bible Reading today is interesting in that the tithe of 10% is mentioned with regard to Jacob's promise to God if he helped him to travel, find a wife amongst his mother's people and bring them home again. I do find the Old Testament very interesting. It was a time when God talked with certain individuals and was part of the daily life of mankind. It lasted for a long time if one can date individual times in the Old Testament and personally I think that it was possible. But life changed forever for Homo sapiens when Jesus was sent to earth to fulfill the prophecies. Jesus brought with him God's new commandments and they were simple and straightforward. We must live by these commandments if we want peace. Love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and love our neighbour as ourself. Until we can reach that pinnacle of life then we are plagued by wars such as Russia is now pursuing against the Ukrainian people and their lands. When it ends then we can go back to the paths of peace. For it is only when the world is at peace that great progress is made that benefits mankind in the long run. War destroys.

Cleaning day once again and it is the top floor and main floor. Fortunately my house is small but tall and I can still accomplish the cleaning. Looks like rain again today but none in the forecast and the air quality is 39 and humidity 95%. Likely it will be very humid with rain tonight if we are lucky. Rain is always needed this time of year as we are in the dry spell period. 

Jumping jacks next and tea, my Latin lessons and preparing the top floor for vacuuming. Life is very busy for sure.

No comments: