Monday, October 9, 2023

Back to work

Thanksgiving Sunday and the sadness around the world is huge for this day in history. Prayers for those attacked by rogue nations. 

Although the world is so readily transected now by people suddenly it feels like we have sunk back in time to those dreadful days of the late 1930s when travel by boat was still common and air flight was to come. For those who are the aggressors stop and think of what you are doing to the world. Would that that could happen and that sunny uplifted plain of peace that is slipping away from us could be grasped and pulled back. 

Today is a cleaning day and it is the full day of cleaning. The leaves are creeping in (on the soles of my feet!) and it is that time of year when the leaves have fallen and the rainy season has begun as we approach winter. But sadness permeates the world around us instead of the joy of Thanksgiving. Thousands dead in earthquakes in Afghanistan. Hopefully not but perhaps thousands dead in Israel; the numbers there not yet counted. Hostages in Gaza and why is there so much hatred for the Jews in this modern world.

Work on the Siderfin book today as I continue my forward march through the tenth generation. Fortunately as I add in the children I also modify the children who form the eleventh generation so that I am actually working on both and decreasing the workload in the generation ahead. The volume of information is huge but I am in Robert's line now coming down from Augustine and part way through it and Thomas' line has been sent to me which is a gift at the end of that line waiting for me. Thank you to my correspondent for that. 

The sermon yesterday was quite interesting with the reflection on types of prayer to God and refining it to three kinds - help, adoration and wow was an interesting discussion. I will likely retain that in my thoughts this week as I work away. 

Prayers for the many dangers ongoing in our world. Respect for people would eliminate many of the sad events created by aggressors. Natural disasters though are something over which we have no control as they have occurred throughout the history of the world. 

Teatime, jumping jacks and the day begins.

No comments: