Thursday, October 5, 2023

To seralize or not to seralize and when to do that as I will likely seralize the book as well as publishing it

I must investigate with my daughter whether I can serialize the Siderfin book in advance of publication as it will take a while to blog it all (about 275 pages although expect that to decrease to around 250). I am thinking the best way to manage this book is to do as I have discussed publish it with a Creative Commons License so that it remains free and serialize it so that it can be enjoyed whilst I continue with my picky footnoting! I would start to serialize it around the beginning of November which still gives me quite a bit of time for footnoting and organizing for release of the book but probably I am looking at January as I do likely need my daughter's help with this when she is doing her research she will give me a little time to get this project completed. 

I am feeling much more comfortable with all of this. The exciting part for me is actually the first few generations of the family and making that link back that James Sanders hinted at but did not show in the Pedigree Chart or prove in his writing. I believe my reconstruction makes good provable sense but more digging into the records may reveal even more interesting information.  

So I think perhaps I will set a date for the seralization of the book in my blog perhaps the 1st to the 15th of December and my blog will become that for a goodly period of time. In the past it was pretty much 100% my delving into my family's history but I did get distracted by COVID wanting to blog my thoughts for myself during that time period as one does move on and forget what life was like during such a watershed and it has spilled on into the time after COVID lockdowns and the like. 

This does give me enough time to really mine my Fiche (I have many of the Parish Records for all the parishes around this part of Somerset so can do the actual extraction from the original pages and give that fiche reference) and do a finishing job on these footnotes letting anyone in the future readily find the records as those fiche are not going anywhere but probably the genealogy database companies are here for a good while to come as well. But I do wish to minimize somewhat my using only their reference although it is true that I have probably looked them up so as to make it easier for me to find the correct fiche quickly. 

The day continues, weight lifting done now and my fourty minute run to come in another half hour or so.

This will also provide a bridge to my research on the next book and give me breaks in the day as I can get very engrossed in my work and the distraction of blogging the book will keep me on my toes and not deep into thinking all the time.  


No comments: