Monday, June 8, 2020

Chair Lift Day

Chair Lift went in today. It is a marvelous tool for an older person. It has taken a great deal of concern off of my mind where my husband is involved. He can now use the chair whenever he feels that he needs to do so. I am not strong enough to support him on the stairs. Although he has lost a lot of weight he still outweighs me by more than 30 pounds.

Another beautiful day and today I boiled water and removed an ant hill colony in the back yard. We tend to do that whenever we find an ant hill. There are still lots of places for them to be but they are a nuisance in the yard and will be much happier somewhere else I am sure. Just like I would not live in the woods, I leave that to the animals, birds, insects, reptiles and other beings that occupy the planet with me. I am a great believer in sharing and so I share all the woods with them. I seldom go into the woods these days and when I did in the past it was with the idea that I needed to be as conservation minded as the occupiers of the woods and so left no trace of myself being there other than a few footprints.

One of the nicest parts of being allergic to strawberries is that I do not wait enthusiastically for them, nor do I eat them at all during their season or at any other time. It saves me a lot of calories likely and since I try to stay at my lower weight now that I have attained it after a few years of being very conscious of what I am eating I intend to stay at this weight. My Heritage did an update on my Medical DNA and I apparently carry the genes for overweight to obesity with a BMI more than +5 of my actual. That probably accounts for why I do find it difficult to lose weight. I really have to work at that.


No comments: