Saturday, August 14, 2021

Ancestry matches

I finally got all of my ancestry accounts up to date with DNA matches. A couple of new and interesting ones that continue to point to my Buller line and likely the X chromosome. I do not know these people at all but do know their ancestry from their trees. There is one portion of the X chromosome that has come directly to all of us from Sarah (Cheatle) Welch who was my 3x great grandmother. Her daughter Ann (Welch) Buller) married Henry Christopher Buller and they had eleven children Ann's X chromosome was passed to my maternal grandmother intact from her father hence the strong matches on the X chromosome. Interesting that such a good length passed from a 3x great grandmother to us. But only some of us of my seven siblings only five have tested and only three have inherited this rather interesting length which varies between 18 cM and 28 cM with most around 25 cM. Occasionally one of the Ancestry customers posts their DNA to Gedmatch but I also have matches at 23 and Me  and FT DNA just to give me a rather well rounded look at the DNA and its ancestry back to Sarah Cheatle. Sarah's mother is also named Sarah and may be Sarah Bonnell who married a William Cheatle 7 Jan 1752 at All Saints Loughborough, Leicestershire.

No comments: