Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday and beautiful sunshine

Sunday again and this one has come quickly. We have had a busy week still cleaning and the progress seems slower because we are now down to the more finishing details. Pantry all cleaned and reorganized. Edward reorganized the pantry to suit himself when he retired and now it probably suits my daughter which is fine; I was happy with Ed's rearrangement. The large main floor closet is also rearranged and looks great. All of the large canning equipment is finding a new home. I will not can anymore unless it is to make chili sauce. For that I do not need a lot of equipment and I would likely make it at my daughter's house. 

The world around us is so very warm these days. Yesterday we took another load to e-waste and waited for quite a while. Need to find a better way to do that because of the car running all that time. Also a load of metal to Salvation Army and a few nick nacks. We are getting down to more basic items now. There will be fewer trips to Salvation Army. 

The shed is about half empty now and will try to continue downsizing it along with the loft in the garage. There is so much in the loft but will wait for my son in law to empty that out. There are a lot of canning supplies up there and they have a new home to go to and he will organize that. The tools are mostly still here and he will organize that as well. 

My days need to become a little quieter again and that time is coming. I am stronger though than I was in the spring. Nursing Edward and then visiting him in the hospital along with the emotional stress of just watching left me exhausted. I feel stronger these days. Keeping busy in itself was stressful because of the downsizing but now the fall is coming with all that restful time of just working away at projects. 

Too bad about the heat warning; we are lucky to have air conditioning a lot of people still do not. Cooler weather is coming but this has been the hottest summer that I can ever remember although there were times back in the 1950s that I recall as being very warm but not for so long and so intense. 

Off to Church today but breakfast first.

No comments: