Saturday, August 21, 2021

Message on Find My Past

 I actually received a message on Find my Past from an individual unknown to me. I decided to accept the contact. I believe it is likely for Edward's tree however as the surname is Boyd. I do not have that surname as far as I know. 

Another sultry day and there will not be many more likely although warmer weather in September has been happening ever since I was a child. But predictably the fall is coming and the maple tree at the back is starting to show change more prominently now and may not just be because it is so dry. 

Mostly accomplished all the cleaning this week which is good news. Still sorting about to do in my work room which has become the container for everything that doesn't have a spot somewhere else. In the long run I need to decide where to put everything and it is easier just to have it all in my face so to speak. 

Starting to think about the Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter due on the 1st of September. The third would have been our 55th wedding anniversary. Edward wanted to go to the Galapagos. It probably would have been very interesting but not likely to have happened given the state of COVID-19 worldwide. Watching the documentary on the Galapagos I wonder how well a 78 and 75 year old would have managed such a trip!

Vaccination rates are slowly going up in Canada but may not reach 80% fully vaccinated of those eligible to be vaccinated by the end of August which was what I hoped would happen. But perhaps by the end of September we will be closer to the 90% fully vaccinated of those eligible. That would make a big difference especially for the children back at school. Minimizing the frequency of delta variant would be such a great step forward. I still think we will be wearing masks until next summer. I do not mind. It is much pleasanter to go into stores where wood is being cut with a mask on! 

World wide we are slowly moving up with vaccinations: 32.3% have received at least one dose and 24.3% are fully vaccinated.

No comments: