Monday, August 23, 2021

Finally rain

I decided to do a little watering yesterday and it did rain late last evening. The grass is just a little greener today but fall is coming and the grass will green up again. Looks overcast so maybe rain today but definitely our heat warning will continue. Off to the dentist today for my teeth cleaning. Edward had bought a new electric toothbrush a year or so ago and I did the same a few months later and really like this new one. It has just a small round brush like the dentist uses and it is so much easier just to clean one tooth at a time instead of cramming a big toothbrush into your mouth. 

The week of cleaning begins once again. Yesterday we did a little clearing out of our old sound system which we will likely take to Salvation Army as some one might want parts of it to refresh their systems. I kept maybe 1/5 of the vinyl records as I really only like classical music and there are a number of children's records from when our children were young.  Some time I will buy a new turntable that can link with the computer. 

When I am at my daughter's house I shall play the piano. I had acquired a little of the skill back a few years ago but then stopped playing it as life began to get too busy. I shall try to reacquire some of that skill. My father could play very well as could both my daughters. 

More paperwork to look at today. I must get it all organized for income tax time. Then there are all those emails as well and must get to them and the thank you notes for the condolence cards. It is too easy to live in a cocoon and hard to force oneself out but at 75 do I really need to?

No comments: