Thursday, April 24, 2014

Routledge

A short break as I return to work on the Routledge documents for my cousin Tom Routledge. The documents are quite ancient and tell a great deal about the life of this family in the 1500s and 1600s in Cumberland.

Because Tom is working on the Routledge family (and my line Oakshaw at Bewcastle, Cumberland end up being quite dominant) I have more or less stepped back from doing any research on this family. However, it is handy sometimes for me to transcribe some of the documents.

I shall spend the next week doing that so will not likely post any wills for that period of time.

If I see anything interesting in the documents that Tom is not going to use for his book on the Routledge Clan then I will post it otherwise my site will be somewhat quiet.

No comments: