Saturday, April 5, 2014

Will of John Blake, Dagenham, Essex - The National Archives PROB 11/669/279, probated 8 Feb 1735

John Blake is the testator and he is a husbandman in the parish of Dagenham, Essex. He names his son as John Blake and his executor Stephen Burton Junior is to be guardian if John is not 21 years of age when the testator dies.

Transcriber: Elizabeth Kipp
Recorded: 31 March 2014
Source: The National Archives, PROB 11/669/279
Testator: John Blake
Place: Dagenham, Essex, England
Type of Record: Will
Date of document: 19 Nov 1730, probated 8 Feb 1735
Condition: 18th century English, legible copy

[Margin]: John
[Margin]: Blake

1    In the Name of God Amen
2    I John Blake of the parish of Dagneham in the County of Essex
3    husbandman being not well in health and knowing that life is
4    uncertain but in perfect disposeing mind and memory (praised be
5    God for the same doe make and ordain this my last Will and
6    Testament in manner and form following First and principally
7    I resigne my Soul into the mercifull hands of Almighty God my
8    creator hoping through the merits of my blessed Saviour and
9    Redeemer Jesus Christ to obtain free pardon and remission of
10    all my Sins and my body to be buried in Christian burial after the
11    discretion of my Executor herein after named and which God hath
12    been pleased to bestow upon in this world I dispose thereof as followeth
13    Imprimis I give and bequeath to my Son John Blake All that
14    my copyhold Messuage or Tenement Scituate lying and being
15    in the parish of Dagneham  to him and to his heirs forever he
16    taking care to pay to the Mann[o]r of Barkin their dues which is
17    usuall and accustomly paid and if it shall please God that my said
18    Son shall dye without heirs then I do give the same said Messuage
19    and Tenement to my Friend Stephen Burton Junior and also
20    the Income of the said Messuage towards bring up my Son till he
21    is able to take care for himself or at the age of Twenty one years
22    or day of marriage which first shall happen Item all the rest of
23    my Goods and Chattels whatsoever and wheresoever I give and
24    bequeath to the aforesaid Stephen Burton jun[io]r after my debts
25    and funeral Expences discharged and also on the account that he
26    is to see my son brought up till he shall come to the age aforesaid
27    and do also make him my sole Executor of this my last Will and
28    Testament revoking all other Wills heretofore made In Witness
29    whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 19th day of
30    November Annoqz dom[ini] 1730 The mark of John Blake Signed
31    Sealed published and declared to be last will of the said John Blake
32    in the presence of John Butler The marke of John Tayler
33    George Davis
34    This Will was proved at London the Eighth day
35    of February in the year of our Lord one Thousand Seven hundred
36    and Thirty Four before the Worshipfull John Andrew doctor of
37    Laws Surrogate to the Right Worshipfull John Bettesworth
38    doctor also of Laws Master Keeper or Commissary of the Prerogative
39    Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted by the Oath of Stephen
40    Burton Junior Sole Executor named in the said Will To whom
41    Administration was granted of all and Singular the Goods Chattels
42    and Credits of the said deceased being first sworn duly to Administer

No comments: