Saturday, April 26, 2014

FT DNA Sale and continuing Routledge

There is a sale at FT DNA on the 37 marker yDNA test.

https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx

It is listed in the pink navigation bar across the site just down from the top of the page.

or the Blake yDNA project page:

https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Blake

I will have more to say on the new y haplotree later.

I am still working away on the Routledge documents for my cousin. There are about 30 to do mostly just 30 lines per document but they are from the latter part of the 1500s so a little challenge there! I should begin posting wills again on Wednesday the 30th of April.

These documents I am working on have occasional references to the Routledge family of Bewcastle and of course my interest in this family is doubled and mostly doubled in each generation back from that. Two of my three x great grandparents were surnamed Routledge - Thomas Routledge and Elizabeth Routledge of Bewcastle married at Bewcastle in 1785 and their parents were Henry Routledge (and Margaret Tweddle) and George Routledge and Grace Routledge (Thomas and Elizabeth respectively). The tendency to marry Routledge continues back in time and of 16  great great grandparents for my great great grandmother Mary Routledge daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth Routledge 13 are surname Routledge. Thus far they represent the Oakshaw, Hill, Parke, Broderigg and a couple of other locations family. However most are from the Oakshaw Routledge line.

No comments: