Thursday, October 8, 2020

And the wind rushed by

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a poem that talked about dying and death and the only words that come to me are "and the wind rushed by." My second oldest brother has gone home to our Lord. He will be so happy to be with our parents once again. He was 77 years 7 months and 24 days when he died.

The seven of us have become five (my oldest brother died 21 years ago). We span sixteen years in total from oldest to youngest. 

Perhaps this was my thought - The Autumn Wind: an Emblem of Death

Psalm 103:16

For the wind passes over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. 

When this brother first mentioned DNA to me back in 2005 I was still thinking about it. He wanted to be tested and I offered to do that a year later for both of us and my husband also tested. He found it very interesting but was disappointed that there was never a match for him in the database. However, he enjoyed learning about our ancient ancestor who likely arrived in the British Isles 8 to 12 thousand years ago; so that was pretty fascinating. I will have his DNA for ever and that is a very comforting thought.


No comments: