Sunday, October 4, 2020

Church today and the lost society

 Church today and a quick visit to the drug store today reminded me of just how lost some people are in our society. I was waiting in line for prescriptions for my husband and the person at the wicket was not wearing his mask and was yelling wanting his prescriptions that were not apparently ready until tomorrow. The second wicket became available as one of the attendants opened that but I refused to come forward (as did everyone else) because the person was not wearing their mask. When he finally left still not wearing his mask, I did go forward and the clerk said that the man had a special illness that precluded a mask. There isn't one that prevents wearing a plastic shield and he could do that as far as I am concerned. It was absolutely disrespectful to the rest of the customers and staff to be there shouting and not wearing a mask. 

But what does that have to do with Church? I think people were more respectful of the law when society was more religious. That was all part of it obeying the rules. 

Church today on You-Tube. I do not really like to go anywhere unless I have to do so at the moment. Disrespect for other people is what this non-mask wearing is all about. Only caring about oneself and not society as a whole. Really they should fine such people $10,000 every time they appear without a mask in the areas that are designated as mask wearing only.

No comments: