Friday, February 25, 2022

And I continue with the Siderfin book

Yesterday I converted the text to show James Sanders work in [ ] and that was quite quick actually. I am back to working on the 3rd generation which means looking at the Luxborough Parish Records. I did discover that the Bishops Transcripts can be viewed at the Family Search Reading Room so will do that eventually in the summer. But today I am back to redrawing the Pedigree Chart for the Robert Siderfin - Christian (unknown) family where Robert was born circa 1540 and died by 31 Jan 1527/28 when his will was probated.  He did choose one of his younger sons Thomas along with his wife Christian as Executors. 

I must admit that when I gave away the Siderfin one-name study to a cousin in England; I pretty much dropped my intense research into the family (around 2009 I think it may have been). Now returning to it in 2022 I am coming at it with eleven more years of experience with the records. At the time that I transcribed this will I simply did not have enough information to make me think other than this was a different Siderfin line and how did it fit in. Now, it is a very important will that links the third generation to the fourth and solves some of the mystery in James Sanders' Pedigree Chart that perplexed me at the time. 

Today a little more cleaning just to complete that. Otherwise I shall concentrate on the Siderfin book and the Pincombe Newsletter. The time for the Newsletter release is fast approaching. Hard to believe we are almost up to the first of March. 

There is a fine but thick snowfall out there today. The temperature  is minus 13 degrees celsius. The snowbuild is gradually increasing as it always does approaching March with the heaviest snows to come in all likelihood. Then the gradual warming up and the melting and mud season will be upon us. But the surprise of spring with its beautiful spring flowers is always wonderful. The air has that slight warm tinge to it and the sap begins to run in the maple trees and that Canadian treat of Maple Syrup is with us. 

Back to work. The day has begun.

No comments: