Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Tree for Robert Siderfin born circa 1540 and died 1627 not 1612

 I did construct a tree for Robert Siderfin and his wife identified as Christian in his will. Using Ancestry parish records for Luxborough Parish (1576-1713) and the will itself, I have been able to list ten children for this couple. Several of the children are not named in the will. Just collecting up the records in Ancestry. I checked for a burial in 1610 - 1615 for Robert Siderfin but did not find one. The 1627 burial records are not useable (mostly eaten I suspect) and I did check from 1624 to 1630. There may be Bishops Transcripts and if I find them I will check them as well.

The parish registers for Luxborough in these early days are difficult to work with as many pages are missing large chunks. However, over time I will go over the pages and I have downloaded about twelve pages in total thus far in this early time period. Since they go back to 1576 I had hoped to find the marriage registration for Robert and his wife Christian but I did not spot it yet. I can see that this is a project with a longer time line than I realized a few months back when I first decided to do a revision. At that time it looked like a small revision but as I really got into the various items I realized that there was a problem with the tree for Robert Siderfin especially concerning his death date and the will that I had transcribed for a Robert Siderfin in 1627 which seemed to be the Robert Siderfin son of William Sidervin and Wilmot Foster. However, I now have a better handle on all the material that he did collect in that time period and have sorted it so that I can refer to it in a way that works better for me. I do though wish to express appreciation for the work of James Sanders. Reading these early documents is a demanding vocation and takes a good deal of time. 




No comments: