Saturday, February 26, 2022

On to the Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter

I spent a few hours yesterday working on the Pincombe-Pinkham Newsletter. As I worked my way through the 1600s I realize that I have loose ends in this time period. I do not know what happened with one Pincombe family at Bishops Nympton. William Pincombe born circa 1620 (son of William and Wilmote Pincombe) died young in 1654 leaving five young children. I do not find those children in the Parish Register for Bishops Nympton after their baptisms.  William was buried 8 Jan 1654/5 at Bishops Nympton and his wife Mary was buried 25 Dec 1654 also in Bishops Nympton. Their five children: Wilmote (1645), William (1646), John (1649-1688), Mary (1651) and Katerin (1653) were all baptized at Bishops Nympton Parish Church. 

No information for Wilmote Pincombe.

There is a burial for a William Pincombe at Swimbridge 1st February 1671/2 and a will for a William Pincombe 1671 in Swimbridge (if him he would be 25 years of age, Administrator appointed). 

There is a burial for a John Pincombe 2 July 1688 at Swimbridge and a will for a John Pincombe 1689 at Swimbridge (Administrator appointed).

Mary Pincombe perhaps married Hugh Symonds 9 Nov 1673 at Swimbridge Parish Church.

Katherin Pincombe perhaps married William Mules 9 July 1677 at Swimbridge Parish Church. 

The youngest son, Hugh Pincombe, of  John Pincombe (married to Johane Blackmore and brother to William Pincombe (buried 8 Jan 1654/5)) lived at Landkey which is about 2 km from Swimbridge. Possibly there was a property there that the Pincombe family occupied and which passed to John after the death of his nephew John in 1688. Most of the property was copyhold and I noticed with my 3x great grandfather Robert Pincombe's will that copyhold property passed to his brothers rather than his sons. 

Hugh Pincombe married Sara Lang according to an online tree. I did search the parish registers for Swimbridge and Landkey but did not find the marriage for Hugh Pincombe. I also checked Family Search but no luck there either.

No comments: