Monday, January 11, 2010

Brunet family

Today I decided to work on the Brunet family today. I found the marriage of Augustin Lauzon and Hélèna Brunet 17 Sep 1889 at Notre Dame de la Salette, Papineau, Québec. I know from the baptism and marriage of their son that these are the correct names for his parents. First problem that I encountered was not finding a death or burial for them. I know that they are on the census in 1911 at Sturgeon Falls Nipissing. This census also gave me their month and date of birth which let me find their baptisms (his at St Grégoire in Buckingham, hers at St Adèle, Terrebone) and verify their parents names having both their names from the marriage registration and baptisms. The only difference I found was in the date of birth on the census for Hélèna was out by four years.

Parents of Augustin Lauzon: Joseph Lauzon and Rosalie Thibaut
Parents of Hélèna Brunet: Jean-Baptiste and Olive (Olivine) Constantineau

Looking at the Brunet line first I found the marriage of Jean Baptiste Brunet and Olive Constantineau at Ste Adèle Terrebone 24 Jan 1859.

Parents: of Jean Baptiste Brunet: Jean Baptiste Brunet and Louise Brunet (dit Lelang)
Parents: of Olive Constantineau: Joseph Constantineau and Alice Deguire (dit Larose)

I was able to find the baptism of Jean Baptiste Brunet and his parents are listed as: Jean Baptiste Brunet and Louise Brunet

The marriage of Jean Baptiste Brunet and Louise Brunet dit Lelang was 11 Jan 1836.

Parents of Jean Baptiste Brunet: François Brunet and Angélique Bal.... (unsure)
Parents of Louise Brunet dit Lalang: Jean Baptiste Brunet dit Lelang and Marie Aurelele Bourgeois

One of my curiosities is whether Jean Baptiste Brunet dit Lelang and François Brunet are related (i.e. cousins since one has a dit name). The other is to find the baptisms to verify the spelling of their mother's maiden names. Finding the marriages would also be helpful. That will be one of my quests on Ancestry today.

No comments: