Saturday, May 1, 2021

Daily Bible Reading May 1, 2021 John 14: 1-14

 Jesus Is the Way to the Father

Jesus said to his disciples, “Don’t be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house. I wouldn’t tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you. After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together. You know the way to where I am going.”

Thomas said, “Lord, we don’t even know where you are going! How can we know the way?”

“I am the way, the truth, and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me, no one can go to the Father. If you had known me, you would have known the Father. But from now on, you do know him, and you have seen him.”


Jesus has been my constant friend throughout all my life. He continues to support me through this time of change. As I move forward awkwardly and without Edward, my soul mate, I can feel Jesus' strength urging me to keep going. There is still much to do and I have no idea how to do some of it. But the end of the first tunnel is my goal and then on to the second tunnel to continue. That is God's wish for us really to do the best that we can in our life until it is our turn to join the ages that have gone before us. I am still locked in my quiet life and will not likely move from that quietness until everything is settled around me and I move to the next phase of my life. Every time that I do interact with the rest of the world I am exhausted. Email is working well for me and I will continue to use that as my method of communication.


No comments: