Sunday, May 16, 2021

Donating Medical Items

 CCAC contacted me about a week after Edward died on the telephone. The telephone is not my preferred mode of conversation; never really has been. When email was invented I discovered, with my family's help, that I loved email. I think they always regretted introducing me to email! I loved to just write it down and then send it. I preferred to hear back by email so that I could think about what was being said to me. The telephone call was well meant but the email that I requested was so much more valuable except it was all telephone numbers. I finally wrote back to see if there was an email that I could use for contact. There was and I wrote. The individual on the receiving end had all the information. Now I wait to see if the offer of all the medical supplies to be donated will place these items that at the end served Edward so well can help another. Barely used some of them, hardly used for the rest. The last year passed so quickly in retrospect, the hard parts are receding, yet it was an entire year of smiles, laughter and talking which I shall cherish to the end of my days. 

Is there a path through mourning, I begin to wonder that. No markers to show the way; one just stumbles along. God features strongly in that mourning path; he is forever ahead of me and helping to lead me down that path that one who mourns always must pass through. 


No comments: