Thursday, December 16, 2021

A busy time ahead

 Moving away from my own genealogy (Chromosomes 1-3 still to do) and getting back to organization of the life around me. There is a lot to do. I have been away from home for three months for the most part. My few times home I have not been able to accomplish very much in terms of organization. 

We have thought through the delivery of Edward's mother's Hope Chest to her eldest granddaughter and we will make a trip to southwestern Ontario in 2022 and deliver it ourselves along with all the dishes. They will have a great deal of meaning for her eldest grand daughter. Then she has a daughter who also knew her great grandmother and will likely treasure all of these things as well. My daughters have made a good decision I think. They also were very fond of their grandmother but spent considerably less time with her. 

I need to work some more on Edward's material. I need to organize how I am going to publish the first issue of the Kipp Newsletter on the 1st of February. That will be one of my main goals in this next time period of my life. 

The snow is beautiful here. So fresh and clean outside of my working room window. I do so love the winter time. It is cold but the house is warm and the views are lovely. 

Big item for these two days is Christmas presents. I need to go shopping. 

I really did not notice this booster shot. No sore arm. I am a little tired but I have been busy. This is day three of the booster shot and soon I will have 70% protection I believe is the number being thrown about. Since I always wear a mask when out everywhere I will hopefully continue to evade COVID-19 and its derivatives. I do need to get my blood work done as well and the usual cancer screening tests done every couple of years. But in general I feel quite well once again. My weight has stabilized albeit I am about eight pounds thinner than I was but Edward and I ate differently; he did like his desserts and did persuade me to have some of them. Mostly I do not eat desserts except for yoghourt and plain cookies and not too many cookies! He liked to eat out as well and that can be fairly salty as well as heavy in starch/sugars. I eat very plainly so am basically back to my weight when we got married over 55 years ago now. 

No comments: