Tuesday, December 7, 2021

As a new day is born

 Life begins at birth and so do the life lessons; all of which we must pass through on our way to adulthood and eventually old age. Perhaps one of the lessons is watching those we knew pass away. I can feel my age catching up to me the last few weeks as I had a cold; the hazards of living with grandchildren! But a cold makes you less healthy for a period and then in the winter regaining that lost strength is really hard as I learned with my husband. When you are entombed in a house you do not get your regular exercise. But I did get lots of work done which has its pros and cons; one is sitting too much when one works a great deal.

My eyes have become stronger again though and perhaps it is all the eye work; not really sure. My cataracts were definitely growing a little at my last checkup but luckily they are not yet affecting me. But I am an inside person; I love being inside. I am not a sun worshiper to any degree although do love the warmth of the sun. I do anticipate though that I will have to have cataract surgery one of these days though and time will tell on that.

Chromosome 7 is complete and it was a breeze compared to 8 but I expected that. There are lengthy matches in a number of my 2nd, 3rd  and 4th cousin matches making the reconstituting of the grandparent phasing of these chromosomes fairly straightforward. 

Today I begin Chromosome 6 and I really do not recall much about this chromosome. I have a lot of matches; almost one third more than the last couple of chromosomes and there are some good matches in there but I haven't taken a peek yet. Will begin once again from the basic numbers and rebuild the powerpoint file that I used to store all of this delightful information.

No comments: