Friday, December 31, 2021

New Match on My Heritage

A wonderful new match on My Heritage greeted me today. She is my second cousin twice removed on my father's side so a really great addition. Since some of the five siblings tested match Blake very well this has been a very interesting addition and a check on my re-phasing of my grandparents and every match worked so that is a good end to all of that or a beginning depending on the thinking around it. Mostly I think of each of these renditions (this was the fourth) as being just a step on the path because new matches are always coming in to help me to see that path forward. Again the temptation entered into my mind to work on my great grandparent's phasing but I still think that is a lot of work that I can not conclusively show to be true without more second cousin matches on all sides. I do have a lot of second cousins they just haven't tested or haven't tested where I can see the results. Always tempting to write and ask but I think DNA is pretty personal so do not add such information unless it is first mentioned by the person writing to me. 

All in all a very interesting New Year's Eve Day for sure. There were several other interesting matches which fitted into known patterns. I do like to check all of my matches every couple of days.

 

No comments: