Monday, December 27, 2021

Day one of the research path

Today I must begin day one of the research path into Edward's work and getting it blogged. I also want to put thought into the Kipp Newsletter which would begin 1st of February 2022. If I can get it started then maybe someone within the Kipp family group will pick it up. In the meantime it is a year since Edward asked me to write to one of his possible cousins with regard to the Kipp family. He had written expressing an interest but I just couldn't seem to sit down and write that letter for him (although I wrote a lot of other letters at the time). Now a year since Edward first entered into his decline although could not really see that at the time. He just suddenly experienced back spasms and couldn't stand readily on his own without assistance from a seated position. X-rays revealed old fractures in the spinal area so we did move to physiotherapy twice a week which did help somewhat but we now know that he was suffering from advanced encephalopathy. It was this mercurial illness that would afflict him from this time forward. His mind was still sharp to us and that is how we remember him still with the gradual weakness pushed into the back recesses of our brains. We would not; could not see it at the time; nor can we see it in retrospect. That is how we want to remember him.

But first I need to do some clothes washing and straightening up after being away for a few days. For me Christmas was a bit painful but I know that I did not show it. I was perhaps distracted somewhat but being in the same room that we have celebrated Christmas for nine years was somewhat difficult but as my mind floats back to the 25th (just two days ago) it is full of joyous memories of everyone getting what they wanted and lots of happy laughter. He was surely loving that seeing everyone so happy even though he could not be with us. 

Now at home again, the happy memory is with me and the sadness has been locked away in that memory bank where we store things that are sad. 

On to the day.

No comments: