Monday, May 29, 2023

Cleaning Day and the 30 boxes of research still remaining

Cleaning day once again but from now on I will start working on the research boxes. This is the older material which I must sort through and I can remember that time all those years ago after the OGS meeting when Gordon Riddle and Edward looked through the Burford material that Edward had collected. Hard to believe it is so long ago now. I wasn't there as I didn't want to disturb their conversation so have no ideas on any of it really but will have to decide how to organize it perhaps for the Schultz people as the Kipp families and the Schultz families intermarried. I do not actually know very much about them; nor do I know many of them. But the one couple may come to pick up the Kipp Family Bible and the Schultz Family Bible. They have an active Reunion Group and will enjoy looking at these books and all the pictures from the 1800s. It is so very many years ago now - fourty years since Edward went to his first meeting of the Ontario Genealogical Society Ottawa Branch with Gordon Riddle (he had invited Edward to go with him). They had a great time Edward said. He was very happy to have a friend to go with him. He didn't like to do things alone. 

Back to the cleaning but wanted to remember these thoughts so put them to my blog right away. 

A beautiful day still today; not dreadfully warm around 23 degrees celsius at 4:00 p.m. A typical May day.

No comments: