Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Rain today in the forecast

 It is meant to rain today and it is 13 degrees celsius - a somewhat typical May day amongst the sunny days. The trees are really coming alive now and I wonder if by the end of the summer the sky will be completely covered by branches outside my window. It is amazing watching as all of these trees have grown up through the years - 45 years now and the maple is 41 years old because my eldest was eight when she and her father transplanted the young sapling from the garden into the back of the yard.   

Medical procedure today and I have spent two days preparing for that. All over very quickly and back to eating once again,. You need to have someone to take you back home so my oldest daughter did that. She flew in last night about to begin her research time and to pick me up at the hospital. 

Yesterday I completed one image and have 665 entries. I shall continue to work away at the transcription of these records and then sort them and concentrate on the 1500s for the next newsletter. 

The garden though is definitely calling to me to get out there and do some work. We had a little rain so will probably shift some of the garden soil and add grass seeds to the bare spots.

Other than that I am going to have my favourite cereal for dinner - two days without cereal is a lot in that it is the favourite meal of the day for me. Oatmeal cereal reminds me of getting up in the morning at 7 (we were not supposed to get out of bed until 7) and going down to the kitchen where my father had made a huge pot of oatmeal porridge. Before he left for work (right after seven) he would ladle out a big bowl for my breakfast. I just ate it like it came from the pot - I had no ideas of putting brown sugar on it or anything else - I make it with milk 2% and add raisins and cranberries whilst it is cooking then I add blueberries and a mixture of cocoa, wheat germ and wheat bran. Absolutely delicious and I eat it day after day. The love of it comes from the taste but there is that memory of childhood mixed up in it as well.

No comments: