Saturday, October 30, 2021

Answering email too slowly

 I sadly discovered yesterday that one of my correspondents in the H11 study passed away in July this year. Barry Hinman (Librarian Emeritus Stanford University) and I have been corresponding about H11 for perhaps as much as six or seven years. I did try to persuade him to become a co-administrator and he did consider it but he had other items he wanted to process and the study does take time. His own line was somewhat rare and not yet charted independently on the Phylotree. He had sent me an email in March which I have only just reached and responded to him yesterday but sadly the email bounced back. He had found some new work on YFull which supplied him with a subclade name for his particular grouping. I am happy to say that that did happen. At the time I was very much involved with my husband's illness and just could not grapple with anything. I did write to Dr. Mannis Van Oven about the Phylotree and had sent him all of Barry's information and perhaps there will be an upgrade to the Phylotree. It has remained as it is since February of 2016. The new branch name which was selected by YFull H11a1b. There will be more in the Newsletter on the first of November.


No comments: