Sunday, October 3, 2021

Back to Full Strength

It has taken me a while but I finally feel back to full strength. My weight is stable although I am thinner than I was two years ago any fat is now replaced totally by muscle which is amazing for this 76 year old. I feel very well which is a good sign as well. I am all caught up on my Newsletters which is also a good thing. Even if no one else ever reads them, I enjoy writing them and if they help someone great but they are helping me to unload all of the research, transcriptions and images that I have collected in now 17 years of DNA research because that is really what I do do although the genealogy comes along with it. The DNA proves the genealogy and from a rocky start DNA has come to dominate the genealogy world and it is here to stay. Fundamentally what our genes say about us is absolute truth but lifestyle also  plays a great role in our lives. Working now on the years beyond 75, I knew that I would come to a time when I would reassess how I spend my time. Fortunately for my research, I am determined to continue with the process I started in 2011 of publishing my results in my own way. Correcting the mistakes that have been made is paramount in my thoughts always and repetition gets it out there. Plus FT DNA permits me to link to my website in their News column and in general the readers are the members of the two one name studies - Blake and Pincombe - or they belong to H11.

But today is Sunday and I will attend Church on You-Tube once again. It is very meaningful for me to be able to go to Church regularly once again. As Ed became more encumbered by his illness I especially avoided large groups with him. He needed every bit of his health to keep him going and I didn't even want him to have as much as a cold so avoided people after our last trip to the British Isles in 2016. After that all of our traveling was on this continent by car and eventually just in Canada. We did a lot of traveling from 2016 to 2019 and he loved every trip. From the time I first knew him he loved to go and see things; there were the orchids on the Bruce Peninsula and the cemeteries in Eastern Ontario where his Link family had lived and lots of other items along the way. We were in constant motion in our early years of marriage and then our children arrived and by the time they were in school we were back to traipsing around the countryside looking at things although concentration on cemeteries dominated the time for sure always followed up by a special trip to Canada's Wonderland or some other fun park for a couple of days. He did like the work time to be followed by a fun time!

Breakfast time and it is the usual - cooked oatmeal made with milk with raisins, cranberries, blueberries, wheat germ and wheat bran all stirred in to make a marvelous full bowl of cereal along with a full glass of cranberry juice. Perhaps a bit repetitious but very enjoyable. 

No comments: