Saturday, October 2, 2021

The rainy season is in full flow

 Another rainy day and we just need a couple of good frosts to reduce the garden foliage. Edward always believed that you shouldn't cut anything down until it was yellowing; green meant it was still collecting up goodness from the sun and the air and the rain. The leaves are beautiful this fall although the rain will bring them down a little early. 

Still contemplating whether I should sell the house and move into a place where someone else takes care of the outside of the building. It is a pretty big place and I just need one room really along with the necessities of a bathroom and a kitchen. A small living room would also be nice I suppose for me to watch the news and weather on the television. Other than that everything else is surplus. Gardening is not a really very favourite chore of mine. Flowers are beautiful for sure but I do not have a strong gardening desire. My preference is to do calisthenics, weight lifting, running and walking rather than crawling around in a garden or even cutting the grass. Gardening is all good exercise for sure but not necessarily something that I enjoy very much. 

Thinking about the next issue of the H11 newsletter and that is keeping me centered these days. I am gradually getting through my little backlog of emails - around 53 now. I remember my grandmother knitting all the beautiful baby clothes for the bags to the North when she was my age. Between gardening and knitting she spent her day happily as a widow for many many years. She also loved to sew. I also knit and sew and it isn't a high priority for me anymore although my sisters greatly enjoy both of those tasks. Computers opened my eyes to all sort of things but mostly it turned an extremely introverted person into a talker and a creator.

No comments: