Sunday, September 25, 2022

Babysitting weekend

I spent the weekend with an adorable six week old kitten. We had a lovely time together but I did keep my eyes on her constantly. She is doing very well though and ate exceedingly well I am happy to say. She is really playing now which was a joy to watch but I did not accomplish very much as she arose when I did and I put her to bed just before I went to bed but she was very accommodating and I never heard one meow through the night. Where she sleeps she has a lot of fun toys, a tunnel, a climber and if she woke up I am sure she played on all of the things that were there. We celebrated my 77th birthday in the evening with a lovely lemon cake which I ate and I had already had birthday wishes and cards earlier in the day.  Interesting being 77 actually; each year as it passes seems to be more and more interesting. Not sure why but I was always impressed by increasing numbers. Turning ten was an absolute gem for me - I loved being double digit. Plus in the back of my mind I continue being amazed that I have lived so long; I did not expect to do so. Life becomes more and more complicated though as you age; each year has new challenges and difficulties to overcome. 

Today I shall try and get to the Calne records. I did have an occasional time with them on the weekend but nothing that really was a landmark. There are only a few left mostly at Salisbury and Burbage. I can not link the Salisbury Blake with Calne at all without reading the documents likely but the Burbage do appear to be the same Blake family. 

Church on YouTube was lovely as always; some of my most favourite hymns were sung which I really enjoyed. The sermon was interesting and I need to spend a bit of time thinking about it. Jacob is one of those very interesting people in the Bible. Being the second twin (born after the first Esau), he was not the firstborn with all that entailed in life. But in the end, in spite of his desire to be first born, Jacob had to live a hard life in order to become a better person. There is strength in a life that is difficult.  

And tonight lemon cupcakes with Happy Birthday. A lovely end to the weekend.


No comments: