Thursday, September 15, 2022

Parliamentarians in the UK - Queen Elizabeth the Faithful

A beautiful thought to name Queen Elizabeth the Faithful and there is also a petition to name a holiday the 8th of September as Queen Elizabeth day. Perhaps that was the thought behind Queen Victoria Day as we called the third Monday in May when I was a child and it is still celebrated as a holiday here in Canada and marks the beginning of summer although not by the astronomical calendar but none the less the thoughts of summer does begin then. 

Watched the Processional from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Palace yesterday. We walked that route a few times, Edward and I, when we visited London. Remembering each step of the way as the procession moved forward. Tears for Queen Elizabeth as the procession moved along; a much loved Queen. I felt the same way to be honest. But I think King Charles III will also be an excellent King. He loves the peoples of the UK with all his heart and soul. I feel he also cares about all the peoples of the Commonwealth. We represent nearly a third of the world's population. The Empire grew through a five hundred year period and now we are all brothers and sisters in the Commonwealth. It is a relationship that Queen Elizabeth nurtured throughout her entire reign and I believe that King Charles would continue that nurturing. It is easy to remember and hate; the road to move on and simply enjoy this life forgetting the memory of the past is much more difficult but so worth it in the long run. Passing your bitterness on doesn't help anyone. 

The end of the war in 1945 was meant to be the last and we should work together to make it so. We all share 99.9% of the same DNA - all descendant Homo sapiens. Human nature, being what it is, will always find differences between people but the tendency to attack the weak needs to disappear from our world. 

Spent part of yesterday working on the Blake family records that I downloaded from the Discovery catalogue at Kew. Interesting, this first record for William le Blake. Searching through the old maps for Okeburne, Wiltshire and Staplegrove, Somersetshire was also very interesting. Were there two William le Blake in this time frame around 1300? Is it interesting there was already a Blake in Somerset this early and more records for Staplegrove appear in the searches. Is this the founding line for the Somerset Blake family? Are they descendant this early on from the Calne Blake family? Knowing there is also a John Blake in Andover this early (and that is likely my line) how many Blake lines are there in actuality. It would be exciting to see more people do the yDNA test in England for the Blake family. Perhaps as Prince William takes on his role as Prince of Wales there will be more interest for people as his mother was descendant of Thomas Blake of Easton Town, Andover. Richard K Evans produced a generational chart for Diana, Princess of Wales with Thomas Blake being in her twelfth generation back (#5532) and this item reads Thomas Blake of Easton Town, Hampshire, born ca. 1562 and buried in St Paul's Church, Covent Garden, near London, 19 Aug 1660. The Blake Pedigree Chart created by the College of Arms was requested by descendants of Thomas Blake. I have discussed William Blake of Easton Town, Andover (said to be the father of Thomas Blake) and the possibility that there were two William Blake families at Easton Town. The actual proof lies in the records I suspect and, to me, they point to their being just one William Blake who, in my opinion, probably married twice with two good sized families. The will which William Blake left in 1582 does not mention a first wife, it mentions only his present wife but the reading of the will makes one wonder as he asks that his sons be kind to his wife which strikes me as a second wife rather than their own mother. Time will tell but doing DNA for the Blake line could be most interesting. Two of my four brothers have tested and the line is ancient to the British Isles which fits in with my grandfather's thought that his family had been in the Andover area for ever (a comment often made by peoples with ancient heritage in a place). Certainly respect for his Blake line was part of his upbringing as he could remember his line all the way back to Nicholas of Old Hall. Too bad I was only eight when he passed away and did not write it all down but I could get back to Joseph Blake (by memory) who was of Andover according to the priest's notes on the marriage to Johanna King of Upper Clatford 8 Jun 1757. Going back from Joseph to Nicholas is pretty straightforward but I am always on the lookout for any new information going further back. The evidence though continues to flow in and does not change my thought that this is my Nicholas who left his will dated the 31 May 1547 and probated 20 Jun 1547 naming his siblings and his children.

 All the discussion on Long Term Care patients being moved miles from their family. I realize that it would be somewhat sad but they will not be alone. They will have others around them to talk to. I would do it so long as my computer can come with me and I have access to internet. I would miss my family but there is always Skype. We have to do, as elders, what we need to do in order to make the system workable. The number of people in our age group is increasing exponentially and if you need extra care and your family can not care for you then I think it is incumbent on us to do what works for the system.

 


 

No comments: