Sunday, September 18, 2022

Rainy Sunday

A rainy Sunday today and the Church Service was early on YouTube as Christ Church Cathedral prepares to host the Commemoration Service for Queen Elizabeth II tomorrow. I plan to be up early for the actual Funeral tomorrow morning and the Commemoration Service at Christ Church Cathedral will be at 1:00 pm so should be able to watch all of them on YouTube. 

The Vigil of the Princes by the grandchildren of the Queen was beautifully done. Four of the eight grandchildren of the Queen do use their Prince and Princess titles. Princess Anne declined any titles for her two children (also at the Vigil as her grandchildren) and Prince Edward elected to not use the Prince and Princess titles for his children although the two children do have titles of  Lady for the one and Viscount for the other. What a beautiful celebration of their love and dedication for their grandmother. 

I think that is the important part of a funeral that all the descendants (living) should be present at the funeral if at all possible. Edward's daughters and grandsons were all there for his and it was a beautiful service. It was very private and that was my choice. Although Edward liked the idea of having an open service so that everyone he knew could attend I just felt that private is so much more meaningful for the family. It isn't a time for visiting and remembering with people outside of your immediate group I do not feel although both of my parents and my grandparents funerals were like that. They were very large funerals as I recall and I felt it was very hard to really sit and talk about our times together as children. 

Continuing to work on the Blake family at Calne. It has proven to be quite interesting. I do wonder if I can look at the areas around Calne where a number of the different individuals lived and assume that the Robert or Richard le Blake mentioned were indeed one and the same person when the time frame is correct. Not really sure about that. It would be so intriguing to have yDNA results from more Blake descendants living in old Wessex just to have a look at the possibilities. There were a number of Blake emigrants to England between 1330 and 1550 from different parts of the British Isles and Europe and in this time period I am looking at 1302 - 1472 those emigrants may have a bearing on the various items found in the search of the Discovery Catalogue at the National Archives of the UK. 

Weight lifting completed and the next item is my four minute run due to begin shortly. Fall is progressing rapidly as it generally does. I do not think I will get swimming at the cottage this Fall as I did last year.


No comments: