Saturday, January 22, 2022

Brief Power Failure

 Woke up early before 6:30 and there was a brief power outage and back on before 7:30. Great work by the crews. House got surprisingly cold though in just that hour but it was minus 31 degrees celsius and now minus 29 degrees celsius. Furnace back on though and warming the house up again. We generally keep it around 21 degrees celsius and it had slipped to 19 degrees celsius in just the one hour. Possibly it hadn't been on though just before the failure so ready to heat but then the failure. Makes sense.

Yesterday I completed the lookups for the H11 Newsletter and the short article that I wrote about H11 as recorded in my 23 and Me account. So that one is already for the 1st of February as well. Perhaps I can start looking at the Blake wills (I think I have about 1500 wills still to transcribe from the PCC wills and some county wills that I acquired either by purchase or through Ancestry). The wills do reveal a lot of information and one is always lucky to find them in their line going back. 

Delayed garbage day today. I did not disarm the system when I woke up and the hydro failure followed that rather quickly so was rather glad to be able to do that so I can put out the green bin. I tend not to put it out the night before as the raccoons rather enjoy the table scrapings and peelings of preparation. So must get that out now that power is restored and I can disarm the system. Never thought about that before; I guess it would set off if I tried to go out with it armed!

We have settled into lots of snow and the car being in the garage is such a treat. Winter has been most pleasant thus far.

No comments: