Thursday, January 6, 2022

Four days without dust

 I always celebrate four days without dust after cleaning for three days. If I had the ability I would clean in one day and have six days without dust! However, this is working very well. 

Finally decided to order a death certificate that I think is for my great grandmother Maria Jane (Knight) Blake. I think she died at her youngest daughter's home in Fulham, Middlesex in 1916 not long after her husband died also in 1916. Her name was particularly common in this time period making it difficult to determine which death registration was for her and I was a novice way back in 2003 when I first started to try and find it. I have six or seven certificates for a Maria Blake none of which is correct! Finally I decided to order this one I found about ten years ago and the *.pdf will arrive in six days. Much nicer than ordering it through the post. 

Today I shall begin working again on the Kip-Kipp Newsletter and see how that progresses. I am somewhat convinced that this is a good path. I will get this done and then write to the Kipp that Edward asked me to write to around this time last year. I just couldn't think of what to say but the Newsletter might help as I can include it as an attachment. I didn't write to Edward's contacts and so I do not know any of them particularly other than one we met in Toronto years ago now. 

The car in the garage is working very well. It took a while to bring that to fruition but I am glad that it is in there now. We used to park it in the garage all the time but gradually the garage filled with a snow blower and then a table saw and the items grew and grew until there was no room for a car. It makes it so much easier to have the laneway cleared by the snow removal company and the sidewalks and porch cleared as well. 

Other than that we are in a slight warming trend today and then plunging back into polar vortex cold for a bit. Normal weather for January for sure except not always a little respite of warm weather (i.e. minus 4 degrees celsius at 7:30 a.m. which feels like minus ten apparently. We are in a downward trend though with the temperature dropping steadily all day with about 2 centimetres of snow.

No comments: