Saturday, January 8, 2022

People's rights

Living in a democracy isn't so much about people's rights as about people's responsibilities. It is the responsibility of everyone living in a democracy to protect and defend our country from decay. Not getting immunized against COVID-19 is causing decay so the obvious answer is to legislate it as far as I am concerned. No one has the right to infect other people. Especially given that once again so many of the elderly are coming down with COVID. I do realize that vaccinated people can get COVID-19 but healthy vaccinated people are not succumbing to severe forms of COVID. Take the time to get vaccinated and stop placing people around you at risk. Legislating it is a good idea; after all when I was a child you could not enter this country without a smallpox vaccination; if you had a communicable disease then the Health Department could quarantine your house and make you stay inside until everyone was healthy again. Democracy must be made up of responsible people not people demanding rights for themselves that take away other people's rights to a more equitable life.

My rant for the day as I return to working on the Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter. I can see that it is a task that will own me for a while. It is a lot of work finding the material and then editing the material into the Newsletter. But it is the bulk of the research material and the faster I get into it all the sooner that I will be able to separate out the original images and find a repository for them. I am working on the furtherest back known to the family - Hendrick Hendricksen Kip - patriarch of the Kip family in America and from whom all Kip-Kipp are descended if they trace back to the New Amsterdam colony where he arrived sometime between 1637 and 1643. 


No comments: