Monday, January 10, 2022

The Oldest Genealogy

The Bible Reading today included the oldest genealogy in the world:

 Luke 3:18-38

Everyone thought Jesus was the son of Joseph. But his family went back through Heli, Matthat, Levi, Melchi, Jannai, Joseph, Mattathias, Amos, Nahum, Esli, Naggai, Maath, Mattathias, Semein, Josech, Joda; Joanan, Rhesa, Zerubbabel, Shealtiel, Neri, Melchi, Addi, Cosam, Elmadam, Er, Joshua, Eliezer, Jorim, Matthat, Levi; Simeon, Judah, Joseph, Jonam, Eliakim, Melea, Menna, Mattatha, Nathan, David, Jesse, Obed, Boaz, Salmon, Nahshon; Amminadab, Admin, Arni, Hezron, Perez, Judah, Jacob, Isaac, Abraham, Terah, Nahor, Serug, Reu, Peleg, Eber, Shelah; Cainan, Arphaxad, Shem, Noah, Lamech, Methuselah, Enoch, Jared, Mahalaleel, Kenan, Enosh, and Seth.

The family of Jesus went all the way back to Adam and then to God.

Although a very late comer to genealogy (it was 2003 when my cousin George Dekay asked me to write a profile of my Pincombe family for the Westminster-Delaware Township History Book), I am actually a one-namer in that my interest is in the history of my parent's surnames - Blake and Pincombe. But there are occasions when I actually do do genealogy - generally when I get a DNA match which I can place from a DNA viewpoint into a family line but there is enough information that I  might be able to actually find the Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA). 

I have begun to share the Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter with some of Edward's closest relatives. These tributes to my husband will tend to be family oriented although this Newsletter will belong mostly to the Kip-Kipp yDNA study at FT DNA. 

Monday and so the cleaning week begins once again with the top floor. Fortunately this is a smallish home in that it is a carriage home but to be honest it feels huge most of the time. I really only need one room in which to live. Gradually I will continue to downsize until that can come to fruition. Then I can work away all day on this material although I will need another room to store all of the material but gradually it too will diminish as the ages also claim me. That is life; the tree of life became an important symbol to Edward and he purchased a number of symbols to adorn the walls. Probably I would not have purchased them but Edward liked possessions; a feature of growing up without very many possessions perhaps. Not sure; I was not wealthy as a child nor as an adult but my desire for possessions is quite low. It is perhaps one's nature and most people that I have met do like to have lots of possessions. That is for sure a feature of being a so-called have nation.

Another beautiful day although cloudy and minus 13 degrees celsius at 8:00 am. There is a cold warning today as the polar vortex dips down once again into Eastern Ontario. The sky has that look of a winter storm  but no precipitation mentioned. Just cold today.

No comments: