Sunday, January 2, 2022

Church on You-Tube and the Bible Reading John 1:1-18

 I shall attend Church today on You-Tube. Although I love Christmas with family I miss being at Church. I could just go and be away from all of the festivities for that hour but I am meant to be a mother with her children first; that is my first duty as I see it especially now that my days of being a wife are past. But today, the first Sunday in the New Year I can be at Church. 

Another one of my favourite Bible Readings where Jesus is the Word brought down from Heaven so that we would understand better the role of God in our lives. 

In the beginning was the one
   who is called the Word.
The Word was with God
   and was truly God.
From the very beginning
   the Word was with God.

And with this Word,
   God created all things.
Nothing was made
   without the Word.
Everything that was created
   received its life from him,
and his life gave light
   to everyone.
The light keeps shining
   in the dark,
and darkness has never
   put it out.


In these dark times of COVID there are so many opportunities to turn to God; time is very much with us. God is our Strength and our Redeemer. 

And the Epiphany Service was beautiful; the modern electronic world is so very wonderful. I started early into computers with Fortran programing way back in the mid 1960s on Hollerith Cards and then dumb terminals attached to main frames. We bought our first computer in the early 1980s and have been online from then on (not me but my husband and daughters) with Bulletin Boards and such. I came online in 1995 when they felt I needed to have an email address. I am sure they regretted that as I was soon having 100 emails a day with Anglicans Online. However, it also meant that we graduated to three computers quite soon after!


No comments: