Friday, January 14, 2022

H11 Newsletter and The Siderfin Family of West Somerset book

 Today, thus far my accomplishment level with regard to the H11 Newsletter and the book republishing on my blog of The Siderfin Family of West Somerset has been pretty much nil. I am also trying to get the Columbarium purchase completed and preliminary organization of the Celebration of Life and Internment Service for Edward will begin in February. However, I will be in Deep River so will have to do that on the Thursday or Friday when I come to Ottawa for my grandson's therapy sessions for his Autism. I am also trying to plan my own cremation and internment and I will begin that process in June after Edward's Celebration of Life. 

There are only six new members of the H11 study since November. I will get them assigned to their subclades and can then begin the process of looking at each and every member to see if there are any changes in their genealogical information. It takes quite a while to go through several hundred samples. I do feel that the new mtDNA chart that FT DNA has produced is very good. I would like to see more deeper subclades in H11 under their subclades but it all takes time. A little difference in the way that kits are moved into their subclade and now that I am used to it; I think it works very well. It will take me quite a bit of time to go through all these samples as I am resolved to open every kit this time and not assume that what I have recorded is still correct. I shall check. I do find working on this H11 subclade to be quite interesting. For the most part it is European in background with perhaps a little overlap into Asia but not very much (people from the western edges of Asia may not have tested in large numbers so can not be assumed to be absolute). My subclade still continues to be in Ayrshire/Argyllshire and Northern Ireland which is actually a nice treat since the actual birth location of my great grandmother is still based only on her death registration and the census listing Birmingham, England. 

The Siderfin book I opened to have a look as I have not worked on it for a couple of months. The will of Robert Siderfin is interesting and not included in the original book. I found quite a bit of information I can see and so will move on to the next will  by Christian Siderfin in 1648. That will be my work tomorrow along with working on the H11 compilation for the Newsletter in early February. 

Somehow I thought that I would be working on the Kip-Kipp Family Newsletter for a much longer time. But it is ready to go and I will publish it on the Kip-Kipp yDNA project on the 1st of February and hopefully I will not forget.


 

No comments: