Thursday, June 13, 2024

Day 17 after cataract surgery

 Yesterday I walked around the beach path in the early evening. No wind; it was quite lovely after such a long period of not being there. The children/young adults were playing volleyball as the nets are set up. The summer begins and the beach although small is a significant part of this area where I live. Many many people use it; people of every race and creed. It is wondrous really to talk a walk as it is like walking around the world to see so many different people together. No protests on that beach; God wanted us all to get along. 

I will hear about my surgery today sometime and then the second eye will be done and my surgeries will be done for my lifetime as far as I am concerned. Interesting to have lived this life of nearly 79 years with just two live births, two surgeries and two procedures and two weeks recovering from a nervous/physical/mental breakdown (all in the hospital). Two seems to be significant in my life where I have had six siblings, two parents, one uncle and aunt (his wife) and two grandparents known to me and two deceased. 

The day begins and the cleaning is all done. We did a lot of downsizing this week purely by accident. I cleaned the top two drawers of the large dresser and it just went on from there as we cleared out the dresser and offered it to someone who will come and get it on Saturday evening. Then we went through the DVDs and VHS tapes and gathered up most of them and took them to Salvation Army. They were pretty much in mint condition so they should profit from them. 

Beautiful day but rain is promised. Perhaps 10% of the sky is visible to me from my window with the rest being trees. It used to be 100% when we moved here but the trees have grown and developed in a loving way around me. God's world and may we have peace. The freed hostages have now been examined by doctors and they were starved, muscle mass all gone - criminal treatment for sure. What ignorant people Hamas are to treat innocent young people just going to a concert in this way. I am saddened by all the deaths in Gaza but Hamas has brought this down on the Palestinians and all because they want to own the world and rid it of everyone but Muslims. How sick. The International Court of Justice demanded that Hamas release all the hostages unconditionally and immediately five months ago; Hamas should all be in jail for the rest of their lives to feel that inability to be free for the more than 1200 killed and the 250 taken hostage.

Breakfast and Latin, the day begins.

No comments: