Friday, August 23, 2024

Although dogs are sweet they do occupy time

 My blog seems to get later and later every day. The girls were up early this morning at 6:30 a.m. with breakfast at 7:00 a.m. and then out for a run at 8:00 a.m. They spent about half of an hour outside. It was a cool 14 degrees but they loved it out there. Up and down the yard they ran enjoying what I most enjoy the wind blowing around me. They are a very happy pair of dogs perfectly bonded. The older one guiding the younger one and has managed to calm her quite a bit over the time period. She is a wise dog at nearly 8 years of age. Between the two of them they outweigh me so I do not walk them alone as I am not used to walking them. They have had a fun time though and behaved very well. Just a couple of incidents of the baby barking when she was frightened by the larger dog two doors down. 

A beautiful sunny day today leading to a beautiful weekend apparently. The dogs are asleep for the moment on my red blanket which they remember from when I stayed with them. I think they think of it as their blanket!

I can not see myself owning a dog though; they are a lot of work and I have accomplished very little the past few days. 

The world news passes by me quickly and one hopes for peace in our time in memory of all those lives lost in WWI and WWII and the Korean War. Such sad times in our parent's lives as they watched the youth of this country go to war in Europe and Asia. As my mother said it was the saddest thing in her life to see their friends lost in the war. My brother older but next to me in age was named after one of their friends. He was so young. 

Exercise time.

No comments: