Friday, April 16, 2021

78th Birthday

Today would have been Ed's 78th birthday. Another birthday under lockdown and he did find the lockdown very hard. He loved to get out every day and shop. He loved to get out every day and walk. Today we put the shoe/boot tray back into the hallway by the bathroom at the front door. We had moved it because it was in the way of his walker. I cried for the loss once again. The days will pass and I will cry less and remember more the memories of our 54 and 1/2 years together. But right now I am mourning him and will do so for quite a while yet. 

Happy Birthday my darling Edward. May God wrap His arms around you now and always. Until we meet again and celebrate your birthdays and all days in the clouds together once again.  

We have spent this entire year together he and I as we have all of our years but this time we were together constantly. I managed to persuade Ed to work on his story of his life. We were working through his childhood but the rest of the story is already written as I have written our story from the time we married when I was 20 years old and he was 23 years old and before when we first knew each other. I had written it as my story but I am changing it to our story because it is all about us through the years.

No comments: