Saturday, April 10, 2021

Rest in Peace, Dear Edward

My husband after a four year long battle against his failing liver due to cirrhosis secondary to sarcoidosis has gone to the Lord. Edward died at 2:19 am Saturday 10th of April 2021 just six days short of his 78th birthday. He tried so hard to win his battle but it has been a slow gradual steady decline throughout this past year. He died at home. We were able to fulfill his last desire to go home yesterday afternoon. When he arrived he was extremely happy and that happiness continued through the evening. We said goodnight at 10:30 pm and I set up his standing chair as a bed beside his hospital bed in the living room so that we could be together. He was breathing steadily and in no pain at all when he went to sleep. His face was relaxed. At 2:19 am something awoke me and I found that he was not breathing I took his temperature and my own and we were the same temperature. On his face was a look of peace. He loved his home and he was the centre of our lives. God Bless and keep you Edward, May His Countenance shine upon you and Give you Peace. In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: