Wednesday, April 21, 2021

His cousins Marilyn and Jane

Once Edward reunited with his two cousins Marilyn and Jane, we saw them regularly in the past decade sometimes as often as three times a year. We would meet at our hotel, or a restaurant or a house. These two cousins were like sisters to him. He loved being with them and I loved watching them together chatting about Paris District High School which they attended and any family stories that they shared in common. Sadly just a short time before Edward was taken to the hospital Marilyn had died. He felt her death deeply; their bonds were real and tight those three cousins. He met with other cousins as well and bonds were formed that had been lost in his adult years. He was a big brother to them; both of them were widowed I think. He was so excited to be with them as you can tell by his smile.


 

They were always trying to include me in the conversation but I always quickly turned it back to them. This was his special time. I said that I was collecting up their stories in my mind to write down later for him. They returned to their stories of their time together as children. Although I hated that long drive; I was happy to see the smile on his face as he enjoyed being with his cousins. 

My sister sent me a wonderful picture of Edward with her and she would be about 12 years of age and Edward was 23. He thought a great deal of my siblings and especially my youngest siblings. That is his million dollar smile. He has to be pretty relaxed to smile. He tended to be a very serious person. 

 



No comments: