Thursday, April 29, 2021

Edward and his wagon perhaps three or four years of age

Edward loved his wagon. He spent his young days helping his mother in the garden and always his trusty wagon to pull things back and forth. He was very much her helper as a child. When she took ill when he was around ten years of age his fear of losing her even showed when he was an adult talking about her being ill. 

 


 I am glad that we talked about some of these pictures when we were writing up his story. I did finally persuade him a year ago March to work on that but he was busy putting things together to pass on to the many groups that he worked with so our time was limited. But the long talks whilst I typed were interesting and more than we had talked about his childhood in our entire marriage. Neither of us talked much about our childhoods as adults. I think we were just busy living in the present like most young people and then busy raising children and for Ed his work; his French studies and his volunteerism. He began very early volunteering in our marriage with different organizations. I didn't usually get involved unless he needed my help.

No comments: