Saturday, April 17, 2021

One room

All I really need is one room. The reality is that has always been my opinion; I just need one room. Growing up in a large family I was privileged to have my own room and throughout my life I have tried to live my life as if I only have one room. Throughout most of my marriage that was always a shared room but a couple of years ago I set up an office for myself in one of the rooms that wasn't being used any more. It was a good feeling. Gradually I brought everything into that room that I wanted to travel through the rest of my life with me. Gradually Ed did fill the room with his overflow of bookcases filled to the brim but those are going to be donated to OGS. Many of them are Canadian research and my little Canadian line of myself, my mother, her father and his mother are extremely well known to me. So those books could be helping other people. Soon I will once again restore that room to what I really want to keep as I travel this next phase of my life. Living with my two daughters will be a different existence but one that I am looking forward to amid all this grief and change.  


No comments: