Saturday, April 3, 2021

My Three newsletters - Blake, Pincombe and H11

 I am far behind with five issues now missing in total but do plan to get caught up as I did last year. I may start with H11 because it will be the first issue of the volume and I do my country roundup. The size of the group has grown this past year but considering how many have tested at FT DNA and the number who have joined the project I am still looking at a small proportion and an even smaller proportion of the world's population of H11 individuals. Known to have lived at the Ukraina Refuge during the Last Glacial Maximum, this group fanned out from that location most into Europe/Scandinavia but also into Russia. The number although small relative to H haplogroup and an even smaller portion of the world's many maternal haplogroups is still in the millions I would suspect (perhaps as high as 50 million worldwide).

No comments: