Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Andover Parish Registers - 13

Today I completed the baptisms in the first register of St Michael Parish Church, Andover, Hampshire, England - 2518 baptisms. I started the marriages also beginning in 1587 and I have entered 34 marriages. Again I am hoping to find all the Blake marriages and although these are on the IGI the priest does, on occasion, mention the location and in the case of the Blake family that is very very helpful to me.

Tomorrow is our eldest daughter's birthday so we went off shopping for what she wanted which was a new digital camera. She has usually been the inheritor of my husband's hand me downs but this past year my husband bought our youngest a digital camera that she wanted for Christmas and our eldest mentioned that the two hand me downs have now given out so she has only her cell phone (which actually takes really good pictures) so that will be our birthday present to her for this year. We found a neat little case and the 11th season of MASH to go with it. I know she will enjoy them. She has sent us absolutely marvelous pictures from Long Island - snow on Jones Beach and beautiful images of Manhattan in all the seasons.

Tomorrow I will continue to work on the marriages from the Andover Parish Registers. I also want to spend some time on my Genuki webpages for Hampshire. I have a number of entries from people for the Church database. I think I may add my baptisms to the Andover webpage. Usually I proofread them but that would make this an even more enormous task. People will write to me to query items and I will let them help me proofread them.

No comments: